Halifax Offshore Consulting Inc. is seeking a motivated, dynamic, and personable marine/coastal engineer with experience in analysis, design, and construction engineering. This position will complement and expand our existing team strengths in coastal and marine structures, navigation engineering & risk analysis, offshore wind, coastal protection and restoration, and port engineering.
We provide a stimulating work environment, with opportunities for domestic and international travel, professional development, and ownership potential within the company. Halifax Offshore Consulting is heavily involved in the marine renewables sector in eastern Canada. We encourage you to visit our website (www.halifaxoffshoreconsulting.com) to gain additional insight into our company, capabilities, and experience.
It is anticipated that the candidate will participate in the following activities:
- Perform a variety of assignments that require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria with limited guidance
- Manage small to mid level projects with limited guidance
- Support junior-level engineers with their professional growth, coaching technical and project management skills
- Support senior-level engineers and managers with planning, research, preliminary design, and detailed design tasks
- Lead the collection and analysis of data
- Prepare clear and comprehensive reports, technical notes and client or public presentations
- Support the administration and observation of marine construction projects
- Participate in proposal preparation and interviews, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical, Ocean, or Coastal Engineering
- 10-15 years of engineering experience
- Strong interest in analysis, design, and implementation related to one, or preferably more, of the following:
- Anchoring and Mooring design and deployment
- Subsea cable laying
- Metocean – modelling and data analysis for waves, tides, currents, storm surges, and meteorological conditions
- Port Infrastructure – port planning, piers, dolphins, bulkheads, heavy lift structures, pipelines, multi and single-buoy moorings, fenders, and ship loading equipment
- Ecosystem Restoration – living shorelines, marsh restoration, reefs, adaptive structures
- Ocean Renewable Energy – nearshore and offshore wind, wave, or current generators and support infrastructure foundations, port logistics, procurement
- Willingness to travel for 1 to 2-week periods, as required throughout the year, both domestically and internationally. Occasional assignments may be longer.
- Flexible work style with the ability to meet challenging deadlines and client needs.
- Working knowledge of codes and standards relative to coastal engineering, Transport Canada, Lloyds Register, DNV, ABS
- Proficient in AutoCAD and OrcaFlex and 3D graphic software
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work well on multi-disciplinary teams (internal and external) under tight deadlines and changing scope
- Bachelor of Science. in Mechanical, Ocean, or Coastal Engineering
- Valid Professional Engineer license, or has the necessary qualifications to obtain one in 12 months
- Experience related to offshore installations and coastal projects as well as experience working in tidal sites.
- Broad interest in multiple areas of marine and coastal engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Please use the following form to send your cover letter and CV in confidence to Halifax Offshore Consulting.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer:The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.