Halifax Offshore Consulting Inc. is seeking a motivated, dynamic, and personable barge master for the recommissioning activities on the Scotia Tide. This position will complement and expand our existing team strengths in barge operational readiness for industries such as, offshore wind, tidal installations and other marine contracting opportunities.
We provide a stimulating work environment, with opportunities for domestic and international travel, professional development, and ownership potential within the company. Halifax Offshore Consulting is heavily involved in the marine renewables sector in eastern Canada. We encourage you to visit our website (www.halifaxoffshoreconsulting.com ) to gain additional insight into our company, capabilities, and experience.
It is anticipated that the candidate will participate in the following activities:
- Oversee schedule and daily operations of barge recommissioning work.
- Reviews and updates Risk Assessments & Barge Specific Commissioning Work Methods with crews on a regular basis.
- Ensure the appropriate Risk Assessment is reviewed prior to the commencement of each task.
- Where there is no appointed Safety Officer on the vessel, to act as Safety Officer.
- Organize the workload of the deck crew, ensuring safe, efficient, and effective operations.
- Supervise loading and unloading operations.
- Ensure all regulations are adhered to in their department.
- Ensure safe stowage of hazardous materials (including radioactive sources, explosives etc.).
- Inspect and maintain all lifting appliances onboard and keep register of all lifting equipment up to date.
- Maintain the marine certification and paperwork, ensuring that it is kept in date.
- Maintain marine planned maintenance including all marine, firefighting, and lifesaving equipment.
- Ensure Marine and Control Room logs are maintained correctly.
- Comply with the Permit to Work System, ensuring compliance within the Marine department.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS).
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction.
- Comply with the Management of Change Principle.
- Actively participate in accident/incident investigations when required.
- Any other duties as required.
- 15 years relative experience as a Barge Master in the Oil and Gas or renewable energy industry.
- Exposure to operations in areas such as Control Room Operator/Dynamic Positioning Officer/Senior Dynamic Positioning Officer
- Canadian BST/r
- Regulatory Awareness
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- Suit Fit & Face Fit
- MED A1
- Seafarer’s Book
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Fire Prevention & Firefighting
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats
- Fire Team Leader
- Rigging & Lifting
- Accident Investigation
- Confined Space Entry
- Fall Protection
- Fluent in English, including reading and writing
Please use the following form to send your cover letter and CV in confidence to Halifax Offshore Consulting.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer:The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.